View Single Post
Old 07-19-2023, 06:51 AM   #15
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Two days ago, July 17, we realized we had another mouse. We are still at Pilot Mountain State Park, and until yesterday had no evidence of mice. A quick trip to "Lowe's" to get some mouse glue strips and the next morning (July 18) we had 4 mice stuck to them! Yes, 4.

OK, so how are they getting in? By shear luck of the draw, I think I figured out where.

I have the garden hose attached to the water spigot and the hose is fed through that "mouse hole" in the bottom of my convenience center. Inside that compartment floor there must have been a million mouse turds. I flushed them all out through that hole, so everything is cleaned out.

I think that is how they got in. They climbed up the garden hose and gained access through that access hole to the outside. I left the entire door open all night (not realizing it was open) and those critters could easily cross over the to main storage area under the over hang section (king pin area), and into the rest of the trailer.

So, I disconnected the garden hose and inserted those round caps into the bottom side of the hole again and made sure that compartment door is shut.

The good news is, no mice this morning. I guess it now means washing all those pots and pans again and sanatizing that cabinet they love to get into AGAIN!

Meanwhile, I guess I need to revert back to my old ways, even though we are on this site for another 6 weeks, hook and unhook the water water and keep that hole closed.

Darn mice!

Old photo: Ignore the arrows:

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote