View Single Post
Old 07-21-2023, 09:55 AM   #22
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheriepeterson@yahoo.com View Post
We have a 3120rl with the norco 2118. We are getting a residential ge/haired frig. With an inverter to be installed. Does anyone know if there is a class action suit against norco and keystone for installing a $6000. Frig that doesn't keep food cold? What can we do to make them cover our costs for such a faulty unit?
First off all welcome to the MOC. Secondly I'm not aware of any suits. I have to assume it worked as designed when new. (not great on hot days) If it's never worked then the warranty should have been utilized. You won't get anything from the manufacture four years later. The fact is that this is a very common problem with the older units. Many complain that the freezer won't keep ice cream frozen. There are some fan add on solutions that you can find on youtube. My 2022 16 cf Dometic Absorption does a great job. No complaints.

As far as converting to a residential fridge, this isn't a good idea for boondocking. It's great for full hookup. The inverter will only provide power for as long as your batteries can hold up. Even with lithium the operation time is limited. It's good while you're traveling. To go res and boondock you'd need 1200 watts of solar and 600 AH lithium with lots of sun.