View Single Post
Old 08-14-2023, 06:14 AM   #4
Harrisden54
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23419
I have a Dometic SL 1350, a double door gas electric RV fridge that has not cooled in hot weather since brand new. I have tried all the tricks mentioned on the forum without success. Last month I made the trip to JC in Shipshewana and had the 12 volt dual compressor cooling unit installed.
I am very happy with the results. The temps were in the mid 90's when they installed it. I parked it on their lot for a couple hours after the installation so they could make sure everything was working correctly before I left. In just a couple hours the fridge was in the upper 30's. It took me couple days to dial in the right setting for me but with temps in the upper 90's it maintained 34-36 degrees at the setting I had settled on. I think it would have got colder if I lowered the settings. It also recovers quickly after opening the doors to get things out of the fridge.
I am so happy to have a fridge that cools and I don't have to worry about opening and closing the doors as fast as I can. Very happy with JC Refrigeration. Very professional and no surprises.