Thread: Dish TV
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2023, 10:05 AM   #12
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_Alpine_Owner View Post
We have been using T-Mobile 5g home internet for about 1 1/2 years and haven't had any issues. $50.00 per month, no data caps and completely portable.
I have 2 TV's, 2 phones, Tablo DVR, Mopeka tank check WiFi bridge, EQ Smart Level, HomGar thermometer, Samsung Smart Things, Victron Connect, BN Link Smart WiFi Outlets, In-Command system connected to it, and it all works flawlessly everywhere we go, including while in transit. I did have a weak signal at a place we stayed in the winter/fall last year, so I added an external antenna mounted on a metal telescopic pole connected to my rear ladder. I'm getting speeds up to 336 mb.

We have an Amazon fire TV box and a Fubo TV subscription, as well as some other free streaming services to watch TV.
I have T-Mobile 4G. The plan is 50GB per month. It works fine when I'm on a T-Mobile network. The problems are, T-Mobile is partnered with AT&T and when you're off a T-Mobile network, you switch to AT&T. AT&T deprioritizes you to 3G to give it's customers priority. So you buffer a lot. The other problem is to switch to the 5G network I'd have to replace my 4G $400 Gateway with a 5G $1000 gateway. T-Mobile also told me that their 5G coverage isn't as good as their 4G yet. So I don't see the benefit. Also it's my understanding that not all devices are 5G compatible. T-Mobile's 5G plan is 100BG per month for $50. They haven't told me about no cap plan. I'll do some research.

I see the home internet plan and it states uncapped. It also says spots are limited. Not available in all areas. It doesn't say anything about being mobile. It says to call prior to moving location. Are you just taking it from home to RV? Where do you travel?