View Single Post
Old 08-20-2023, 04:08 PM   #16
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
That is funny because on my last trip by LP door kept coming undone, and I have no idea why. We would drive for two hours, and the door was open and we pull over close it and then it would happen again and again. I finally stuck some material on the rails so the top handle was a lot tighter and that seem to fix the problem but you could see that they were turning open while I drove anyways.

Mine recently did the same. I tightened the nut and screw and slightly bent the lever. It's tight now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jritz View Post
Ok, I guess I’ll chime in here. First off, my front door on a regular basis comes open while traveling. It never flaps though it’s just open.
We just got back from our trip to Alaska. You asked what broke. Well, the right rear spring hanger was our first problem. Then right front spring, replace the 2 springs on the axle. Then the left front spring broke replaced it and didn’t replace both of them. Next the right rear spring broke. So while on the road I replaced all 4 sets of springs. Fortunately, I bought 4 sets while I was in Anchorage at 6 Robbly’s .
I have about 50,000 miles on our 2020 3855br so it was time. We have not had any problems on this rig prior to that. Micro/conv oven door switches broke too and a piece of molding fell down but all in all we had an amazing trip! I would do it again. 10,605 mile trip with my wife and 2 grandsons.

The same time my LP door came open transit so did my entry door. I was surprised because the step assist was folded in and it was out also....still baffled. I'm locking the dead bolt going forward!