View Single Post
Old 08-22-2023, 04:26 PM   #9
jetskier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchief05 View Post
Thank you both. I think the most difficult decision is the inverter. I could go with a 2KW Inverter and run the 7 outlets, and that is fine for an overnight enroute, but does what can be run. And if I wanted to run an A/C, I would have to purchase a second 2KW to run that (on a limited basis). I am wondering if I could purchase a Victron Multiplus 2 and put the A/C on one leg and the Solar "loop" on the other, until I am ready to increase the size of the system. BTW, at present I have 200 Amp Hours of Lion Energy Batteries. Not enough to run a lot at the moment, but it is almost sale season.
I have the 3000w Multiplus with 600Ah of batteries feeding it. I rewired the entire electrical panel with a separate subpanel for the inverted items (everything is on the inverter except water heater, 3rd AC, converter (abandoned), washer/dryer circuits). It required another transfer switch on top of the one that the generator (5.5kw Onan) uses. I have the two ducted ACs wired in so I can pick one to run at a time on the inverter when I don't want to run the generator. An AC unit draws approximately 150Ah of battery storage per hour of use. I have 1200W of solar and on a good day, it puts out 700-850W in the peak hours. It's not enough to power an AC exclusively, but just extend the runtime a bit. Both those ACs also have easy start modules.