Thread: Slide out motor
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2023, 07:25 PM   #12
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croninj View Post
We did get the motor off. Bushings and power seemed okay. Local shops declined to work on it, but a Grand Rapids shop checked it out and said the torque was okay. We replaced some wiring and the relays that burnt up when the service guy forced it in. Cleaned the tracks-which weren’t too bad because of prior service. Trailer is back together now and working pretty good and ready for our Yellowstone trip this week. I am hoping to get one more season from her before buying a retirement 5th wheel. Hope we get to join you all on the road in a couple years.
Have fun at Yellowstone! We drove thru from Jackson area to W. Yellowstone a month ago. Be prepared to walk to see anything and probably long waits. At one of the hot springs area with a large parking lot, there were cars parked on the edge of the road for at least 1/2 mile!

I had planned for 9 nights at Fishing Bridge (canceled) and was figuring on going next year. After seeing the crowds I have crossed it off my list. However, I have spent time there probably 4-5 times in the last 16 years and every 4-5 years for the 50 years before (relatives near by), so I don't have much new to see there.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote