Thread: Dish TV
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2023, 08:17 PM   #52
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Dish sat install update

Ok folks. Here's the outcome of weeks of research and planning.

Kicked DTV to the curb at home and had Dish installed. Painless.
Purchased King Tailgater Pro and tripod, two Dish Wallies and two 50' RG6 coax cables. Painless.

Procedure took roughly six hours. Waiting for tech support would have reduced an hour. Not having to troubleshoot and replace the basement factory coax cable would have reduced another hour. Thank god it was the basement cable that was bad. Disconnected the basement TV from the KeyTV mod and installed a plate below the KeyTV mod that runs directly to the basement TV. Slightly painful.

Results, King sat output 1 to KeyTV sat input, King sat output 2 to basement TV input. Both work perfectly! Even through the duplexers and 50' of coax! So I can still receive over the air TV. This is important if I'm in a location where a football game that I want to see is televised locally and not on Dish.
In the end as long as I choose a location that has line of site south I have satellite. I can use my 50 gig internet plan as secondary instead of primary.
Happy today. Leaving for the south Fork American River Friday. I'll let you know how it works out.