View Single Post
Old 09-07-2023, 06:31 PM   #1
wrangell7777

M.O.C. #33310
Hello.Rubber roof issue.

Totally a Newbie. Never had a RV. 2 months ago I bought a 1999 Keystone Montana 2850 RK. I did a lot of research and thoroughly inspected the RV. It appears to be built of quality materials and very well built with attention to detail and workmanship. The roof is TPO
rubber roof. There were two areas that had water leaks and were repaired. No longer leak and the rubber roof was not damaged. Leaks were due to a skylight in the bathroom leaking and leak #2 was a lapseal leak over a seam. Like I said the rubber roof has no damage HOWEVER...The roof is soft where the leaks occurred. You can't step on it. It feels like the support material underneath is missing. No tears or holes. So I'm thinking something between the ceiling and roof materials deteriorated due to water damage. Insulation? Rotted wood? IDK what material would be used. I don't want to cut open the rubber roof. Unless I must. I would rather remove ceiling and provide support for rubber roof. So I would like to know if anyone has removed ceiling materials to provide support for rubber roof .
I am 76 years old and lifelong DIY. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to answer.��
wrangell7777 is offline   Reply With Quote