View Single Post
Old 09-13-2023, 06:30 PM   #6
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Yes, the camp host has full hook-ups (30 and 50 amp) water and sewer. All the sites are non-electric. There are 11 water spigots through the campground, 2 bath houses, 42 campsites (1 of those is the camp host). Some sites will accommodate a 30-35 foot RV with no problems. Most of the sites (the parking spot for the vehicle) is on a slope. There are 3 sites that have almost level parking spots. Every campsite has a tent pad. They all are framed in with tembers and packed with sand, almost like concrete, but still sand. They are well maintained, level, and water does not flow on them. They are all slightly above the grade of the ground. Generators are permitted, but must be off during quiet hours (10 pm to 7 am).

There are some YouTube videos out there about Pilot Mountain State Park Campground. They are worth watching, although they are a few years old now, nothing has changed except the host site, which they've improved. It's now a pull through.

Just for what it's worth, I put in about 65 hours each week. They only require 24. I kept myself busy and worked the grounds to get them into emaculate shape. And then I really worked with the camping guests as much as possible. I delivered fire wood TO their sites so they wouldn't have to carry the bundles. I help one older woman set up her tent. I transported some hikers back down the mountain in my truck. I walked the Grindstone trail with a solo woman from the top back to the campground. Then took her back to the top in my truck so she could get to her vehicle. I took their concerns and complaints and questions back to the rangers and found answers for them.... for example .... where is the best place to purchase ice, where are the best restaurants, and did Andy Griffith REALLY live in Mount Airy? Where's the nearest grocery store. and so on and on.

In spite of the time I invested, we still had plenty of down-time and plenty of opportunities to explore the area. I only regret I did not make it to the top of Sauratown Mountain.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote