View Single Post
Old 10-01-2023, 07:09 PM   #5
Mark7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19032
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
You could drop the cover near each light and tap into the appropriate wire at that point using splice terminals like the link below (available at hardware stores, home improvement stores, and auto parts store) so you don't have to cut the wires. Don't know how difficult it would be to get the wire up to the lights.

https://www.amazon.com/G%C2%B7PEH-So...yABEgJYk_D_BwE
Your kidding about those crimp splicers, right? Those things cause more electrical issues as they age than ANY other type of connector. If you can get to the wire, you can cut it, add your new run in and solder and heat shrink it. Don't forget to put on the piece of heat shrink tubing before you solder your connection!

Aside from that, I was going add side T/S lights some years back but I didn't want the opposite side lighting up as a brake light when I was tuning the other direction. (think about this)...

I even drew up a circuit using a couple of relays to kill the path to the unintended light using the electric brake wire to the relay coil. Never built it though. Never saw it as that big of a need. I could probably find my drawing if anyone is ever interested.

I do have a 30' goosneck trailer I built and rebuilt a couple of times now and I did put side turn signals on that since I was running all new wire and lights anyway. On that trailer I just accept that if I am turning right, the left side T/S is going to light (steady) when I step on the brake pedal.
Mark7 is offline   Reply With Quote