View Single Post
Old 10-10-2023, 03:54 PM   #19
SuperDuty2
Established Member

M.O.C. #9742
Going to Washington D C

I like all the suggestions so far. I was born in D C so I like all the monuments and Memorials Do you know the difference ? Monuments were started while the person was alive and they knew about it. Memorials are tributes after the person has died.
While at any of the Monuments and Memorials ask a park ranger with the smokey the bear hat for help. Ask about the history of the monument or memorial Do you know what is under the Lincoln memorial or how is the inside of the Washington Monument decorated. You can learn a lot about history. The whole museum complex has so much to offer, the Air and Space Museum, and so much more. Arlington is certainly worth a visit but you'll need to dress with no T shirts. Georgetown is a nice place to visit but its narrow streets make parking tough. Get a local representative to get you a White House tour pass. Always great to visit the White House but your representative will need to get you a pass. Maybe visit the Capitol and again , see what is required to enter the grounds. Finally watch your valuables. There are folks who will grab a purse and run so you need to not be a typical visitor.
SuperDuty2 is offline   Reply With Quote