Thread: Loss of power
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2023, 08:42 PM   #19
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
Originally Posted by richeyb View Post
I have checked voltage with shore, power off and all 4 CB read same voltage on both post of each CB
What specifiic voltage did you measure with a VOM doing this?
You did go from one pole of the CB to frame ground when measuring?
Quote:
When I add shore power the reading remain the same as the battery readings showing no increase of power from the converter.
I assume I have a converter problem, possible just a blown fuse on the converter, but can’t find it.
There are Reverse Polarity fuses in the converter to protect it if you hook u the batteries backwards. Have the batteries been unconnected recently?
What voltage did you measure with the VOM when measuring voltage with shore power?
Quote:
Any expert suggestions of locating my Converter would be appreciated.

It is a deck mounted WFCO-9800 series…
I don't know where you converter is located. But the WFCO-9800 is a stand alone box (aka "deck mounted") and will be a short distance from the 120 CB and 12V Fuse panel. The reverse Polarity fuses are next to the 12V power lines on the converter. This is what is should look like.

It really helps us figure out what is wrong if you post the voltage measurements you find at each point of the troubleshooting using the link Daryls posted earlier.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote