View Single Post
Old 10-18-2023, 06:03 PM   #28
BuckandTeresa
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24683
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckandTeresa View Post
My friend has a similar problem on his 2017 Keystone Sprinter. Truck powers the awning and electric (not hydraulic) slides, shore power and batteries alone won’t. They checked good with a multimeter while disconnected. All other 12V lights and systems work on all power sources. It sounds like the circuit breaker you are describing might be the issue. It can’t be a self-resetting one like the pictures of red self-resetting ones here since it doesn’t self reset. Can you describe it, and better, show a picture? He has 3 sealed AGM batteries wired properly, but they may be blocking the visual line of sight on this CB.

Update: a friend of my friend with the power problem confirmed some of what I read on the forum. The red junctions of wires are self-resetting circuit breakers, not bus bars. The one I had my non-mechanical friend work on was broken internally (we think he may have torqued it too hard). A visit to the RV supply store, four bucks and a half hour later all was fixed and the new shutoff switch installed.
BuckandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote