View Single Post
Old 10-24-2023, 12:50 PM   #7
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
I thought if your registered state allows it you are good in any state you travel through. I travel up and down the East Coast and see triple tow people in all the different states from time to time. Maybe they're just renegades. Personally, I wouldn`t trust the hitch on the back of any factory trailer. There are many bolt/weld-to-the-frame receivers for sale on the net rated for more than the crap keystone provides. Of course, this will void the warranty if you do.
Then I suppose truckers and they all triple tow nowadays have a special license that covers all states. And we aren`t allowed to have that. The only reason I`m interested in this is we are considering pulling a smaller golf cart on a trailer to our favorite campground 4 states away. The Swivel Wheel brand is not considered a triple tow due to the double connection to the camper frame. I would think a LEO that makes someone drop a boat on the side of the road behind a 5th wheel is just bored. He knows you`re on your way out of state and just passing through. You would have to call a tow truck to take it somewhere and store it till you got back. Just a nightmare for everyone. Research is needed.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote