View Single Post
Old 10-26-2023, 09:43 AM   #8
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
SKP911, you have touched on a subject that has a lot of opinions and no right answers. Some good advice already, but I’ll chime in with my $.02. First, if you start with the end in mind, you will save money in the long run. The thing about Solar is it’s addictive. You’ll find with 3 panels and two batteries it’ll get you started. My advice is choose your provider first. Many but not all of us have Victron. All of their products integrate with each other. The Smart Shunt, which should be your first purchase, will integrate with Victron SCC’s. The Victron a hybrid inverter charger would be a great inverter that will future proof your install. A 3000 watt inverter/charger will cover your whole coach and also connect with the rest of the Victron family. We added 3 more panels this year and last year the Victron Cerbo. The Cerbo will provide WiFi monitoring of your coach and also connect to Mopeka Propane sensors and also SeeLevel gages. As you can see, you can really go down the rabbit hole. If you don’t want to do it yourself, I highly recommend Future Sales in Elkhart, Indiana. They do all of the Keystone Solar products. Just my opinions.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote