Thread: Furnace Problem
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2023, 03:29 PM   #7
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug60 View Post
Thanks for the info Jeff... I used to me in maintenance when I was in the USAF. . Electro/mechanical. With that Im going to go with easiest/cheapest fixes first so,

1st. Propane Valve- easy and cheap. Little voice is telling me this is it but...

2nd. Burner/Diffuser- easy don't know what they cost
Do you mean propane regulator? That's more likely. It's located by the propane tanks. There is also a propane valve (located in the furnace). It's a possibility but would be farther down my list. The only way we figured out it was the propane valve (not the regulator) on my buddies furnace is that I had my backup valve which happened to be the same one on his furnace as well.

We pulled out his, applied 12v power to it, which opened it up like it would in operation, and we applied air from a simple inflator (used for swim floaties). We had nothing to measure the output. But we did the same thing with the new valve and the air flow was significantly stronger. So we installed the new one and his problem was solved. A little MacGyver, I know, but it worked.

The burner is easy to check without spending any money. If it's clean just put it back and check it off the list. If it's rusted up then replace it and try the furnace again.
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote