View Single Post
Old 11-22-2023, 03:44 AM   #10
suny07
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourbon County View Post
You didn't mention what brand AC you have. There are a couple on the market; I'm thinking Coleman and Furrion that have a temp sensor mounted in the return air side of the unit that is actually used for control. The wall mount or remote thermostat have a sensor that are basically just for display purposes, not control of the unit. It's quite possible that your InCommand system isn't really in command of this.

Another inherent problem with thermostats in RVs is the location. Ideally, it should be mounted on an interior wall out of line of sight from a window or exterior door to prevent outdoor drafts and any solar gain from the sun shining through a window. It should also be in an area of air movement, like near a return. If you look around, there are very limited if any places in an RV that are ideal. The age old standard is to mount the stat at 5' above floor level; your nose is the most temperature sensitive part of your body.

I'm doubtful you will ever get an accurate solution for this, but I would absolutely wear that dealer out as long as you're under warranty.
AC brand is Coleman, Sensor are next to the pantry.

The issue is not the "typical 2-few degrees differences. We had that in our old camper and changed the thermostat/controler location and eventually got the micro air thermostat installed.

The sensor gives a reading of e.g. 45 when it should be 70. Then starting AC or Furnace it will eventually climb to let's say its set to 72 for furnace. Then after switching of furnace the reading drops in under 1 minute back down to 54 or so.

It seems to be very rare as I can google only a few cases which mostly also seem to be older.

Thanks,
Mike

Montana 3123RL Legacy 'Boon-docking Edition'
RAM 3500 Mega Cab Cummins Diesel DRW
suny07 is offline   Reply With Quote