View Single Post
Old 11-24-2023, 01:33 PM   #2
scottz
Site Team

M.O.C. #19755
No, your converter will work. However, it will not charge the lithium batteries to 100%; just a little short but I don't know the exact numbers. Several of us have run or are still running lead acid converters with lithium batteries. You can get a little higher charge on your lithium batteries using the Charge Wizzard. My understanding is that not charging lithium's to 100% extends their life.

As long as you have sun, your solar charger will bring them up to 100%.

I had the same question for Progressive Dynamics when I switched to lithium. Here is the response:

Subject: RE: PROGRESSIVEDYN.COM Contact Form

Hello,
It appears that you have a converter built before the lithium select switch was built in.
So you have two options for charging lithium batteries.
The first is to replace your converters circuit board with our lithium converter circuit
board….PD4575LICSV
This can be purchased through our recommended distributor, Leisure Time Distributing.
https://www.ltdrvparts.com/PROGRESSI...THIUM-CHARGER-
SECTION-PD4575LICSV-PD4575LICSV.htm

you can also use the wizard button on your DC fuse board to change the voltage output of your
present converter.
by pressing the button and forcing the boost mode, you will get 14.4 volts out for charging.
The converter will stay at 14.4 for approx 4 hours, which should give you plenty of time for
charging.
You will need to do this every time you need or want to charge…..could be daily, weekly,
depending on how you camp.

I hope this info was helpful
Please let me know what questions/concerns you may have.

The other option is to just forget about it, let the converter charge them as much as possible and let solar top them off.
scottz is offline   Reply With Quote