View Single Post
Old 12-07-2023, 06:51 PM   #10
TOMA60

M.O.C. #33710
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
I'm not sure that's necessarily true. I think with a little research that you'll find a higher failure rate for Rainier tires than you would like. Sure, they can last 4-5 years as they should, but there have been many more failures than you will find with Sailun, Carlisle, and other better rated tires. I believe most failures are delaminations. They just fall apart from the inside and then explode. The damage they cause can be very expensive.

Ours also came with Rainier F tires. After 1 year I replaced them with Sailun G tires for added peace of mind.

As you said, any tire can fail...it's an odds game. Personally, I'd be swapping those Rainiers out for Sailuns before a long trip. A better tire is pretty cheap insurance. YMMV

Thanks for your input! Yes, as noted, it is the research that got me concerned and why I thought I should get input from people with more knowledge and experience than me. Carlisle is one consideration if needed that I saved. Carlisle at $136 ea vs Sailun at $211 ea. I had not planned on a big expense before the trip but safety for my wife and I and the risk of damage to the 5th wheel are pushing me toward a purchase. I like the Carlisle as it looks like it will shed water better to prevent hydroplaning, but maybe this is not an issue for trailers.
The more you know, the more you realize you don't know!
TOMA60 is offline   Reply With Quote