View Single Post
Old 01-08-2024, 05:48 AM   #10
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPatNW View Post
@ChuckS - sorry - one further thought, which I wondered if you might have an opinion on. My problem is not that In-Command cannot tell the AC to run, rather the data from the gateway is erroneous, so In-Command never thinks it needs to tell the AC to come on. In my mind, the relay may be more likely to get the AC to run, nothing to do with sending the digital temperature value back to In-Command over the bus. So this would imply it is a gateway error but perhaps not specifically to do with relay? Would you agree?
I would be curious if you have checked to see if you have the latest firmware installed ?

Also .. you stated the remote temp sensor for that Zone was verified ok... Verified how?
** To verify the remote temp sensor is actually working one needs to disconnect the other end of the remote temp sensor cable plug at the gateway and then ohm across the two wires and compare the resistance reading of that sensor against the temp inside at that remote temp sensor location.

The BCM and Display require that resistance feedback so that the analog signal from that temp sensor can then be interpreted by the system to display the temp at the sensor... This in turn is then compared to your actual set point temp and then the AC, HP, or furnace is commanded to run depending on the temp read, temp set point and inside temp at that zone

** If that Zone Temp is reading 0 degrees then either the remote temp sensor is bad, had a staple in the two wire harness somewhere, etc.

** If you REMOVE the remote temp sensor plug at the Gateway then the Zone temp displayed should now display a temp reading of -- F for degree temp because it cant see that sensor...

** If the display however still shows 0 degrees then the gateway is sending erroneous data

This is how I think one can narrow down the issue

** If you had a new remote temp sensor you could simply plug in the new sensor at the gateway and the temp for that zone should now read something other than zero...

If it does not then you know the gateway is at fault...
https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-83303...79b61bbf47e157
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote