View Single Post
Old 01-12-2024, 06:24 AM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
It's for this very reason I opted not to have toppers.

Reading multiple forums over many years, the best solution is to place beach balls under the toppers to remove any slack in the fabric and hold them tight.

Every comment I've ever read (that my disclaimer) .... say the wind is no problem. Others say they get use to hearing the flapping on the roof of the slides.

But, logic says, the toppers will do much, much better than an awning will. Toppers are anchored to the side of the trailer, same as an awning. But, the other end is also attached solid to the end of the slide, unlike an awning that is attached to a roller attached to arms that can get caught in the wind and bend up the arms, causing the fabric to rip and tear. A slide topper is anchored at both ends, it can't pull anything up with it. If the wind is THAT strong (like tornado force), then the topper may rip, but if that happens ... the entire camper will probably be blown away anyway!

Based on the experience of others, beach balls is the easiest way to keep them from flapping in wind.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote