View Single Post
Old 01-19-2024, 07:51 AM   #9
brycesteiner
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #33140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
Does the stopping change if you pull the emergency disconnect plug while the wheel is spinning?
What truck and brake controller (integrated or independent) do you have?
I'm still trying to figure out the mutli-quote function rather than address in separate messages. Hopefully it worked.

I'll address the first question with Lee's quote.

I have a 2004 Dodge RAM 2500 purchased in 2021. Not sure of the brake controller since I'm at work right now, but it was added on I think since it's attached to the lower dash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-CI View Post
As Carl previously suggested, disconnect your 7-pin plug from your truck. While you spin one of the wheels, have a helper pull the emergency lanyard and observe the reaction of each brake. This way you take your truck controller out of the equation. If the results are satisfactory, then the issue is likely the controller circuitry of your truck, though I too agree that it might be speed related. I become suspicious of your truck controller from your statement that it took 10 seconds for the brakes to disengage. If not done so recently, I would do a thorough inspection of the brake assemblies.
Yesterday I went and tried this. I pulled the pin after disconnecting the umbilical from the truck and went back to the wheels and spun them and nothing happened. The brakes were not engaged. If the wheels are not spinning (I was the only one doing this) will they not engage, or will they release immediately once they are stopped, or is my emergency defective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandK View Post
Rather than using the brake pedal, use the controller manually, wheels should stop immediately.
Good point. I will test it that way since the lever allows a full engage.
brycesteiner is offline   Reply With Quote