Thread: Peeling Leather
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2024, 06:54 PM   #8
ErnieSC
Established Member

M.O.C. #33461
Peeling Faux Leather.

We don't have as much Faux Leather in our Montana 3910FB as do you but our Double Theater Seats started to peel at top. My Wife is very crafty. (But
enough about our marriage!) Anyhow, she went to Amazon and bought a Roll of Shagoom Leather repair. She made a little paper pattern since the part that was peeling had an Arch in it. She then used the pattern to cut the Faux Leather. After that, the Faux Leather has a "Peel Off" backing exposing the glue. She pressed the leather on the back of the seats and Voila, you couldn't see the patch unless you knew where to look - and then one have to look very closely.
Comes in all different size rolls and colors. Wife said there are instructions on Youtube if I didn't explain enough. Ours still looks great a year later. If you're tight with money like she is, it may take a while to do all yours but we had rather camp than spend any more money on repair and replacements than necessary. (Plus she's more creative and competent than am I in fixing anything. And we've been married 56+ Years!)
Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juudede View Post
Despite our best diligence to maintain our 2017 Montana High Country 375FL, we bought new in 2017, the flaking faux leather is falling off like tissue paper everywhere. This model has so much, furniture (theater seats replaced 4 years ago) sofas, window cornices and sides, bed headboard, and entrance doors top trims. Resale value is probably in the pits.

Bedroom heat pump/AC just had to be replaced. We are very disappointed with the quality of the Montana.

Unfortunately we traded a 2005 Sunline TT for this in 2017. That Sunline was as perfect as the day it left the showroom. Quality is no longer a priority.
ErnieSC is offline   Reply With Quote