View Single Post
Old 02-17-2024, 05:34 PM   #15
LeftOverParts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #32230
Re Daryles' post #9 above, I was going to use galv steel unistrut from HD but like the idea of alum. Found some today at Graingers and it's only about $11 more than HD for a 10ft section. The description states the finish is "plain" so need to find out if it's silver anodized or actually bare metal.

I was wondering about lifting the struts with washers but had concerns with compression cutting the roof membrane. The EB tape should help and was also thinking about making plastic washers with 1/4" ABS or PVC squares and routing the edges of the squares with a 1/4 round bit.

Sheet metal behind/under the MPPT is a nice, simple solution. Will do the same.

Question to all: are you panels leveled to some degree? I haven't noticed with the trailers I've seen but asking since a 250w panel is 30x60 so wondering if a 65 mph wind where the roof slopes downhill might put too much stress on the panels causing them to flap or want to stand up. I was thinking about adding a wind block on the leading edge . . . probably overthinking it. Thanks.