View Single Post
Old 02-28-2024, 04:05 PM   #12
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat2002 View Post
Does anyone have any suggestions of a good extended warranty company. My dealer offered easycare for 2999.99. For
my new 2022 3823ms. I found a rv guard/no cost for 2100 online . Good sam was 4100. I am leary of these extended warranties. I also thought that I would just buy the extended warranty on my 2118 norcold refrigerator and just set aside a repair fund. I just want to make a good decision before buying one or not. My old 2005 2955rl was alot less high tech. I never really had any issues with it.I hope this one will be the same .
I bought an extended warranty, otherwise known as an extended service plan, When I bought my used 5er, I was new to the fifth wheel world, so I bought my warranty on an unusual discount from the dealer. That’s another long story, but in the end, it wasn’t as cost effective as having been self insured even with a big discount on the plan. I did use it for some things and one major slide repair. I must say it did give me some piece of mind knowing I was covered for any major repairs so that had value that is hard to put a $ on. If you decide you really want one, google the topic and search the internet. There are “brokers” that sell several different companies and plans. Get some quotes first and do some comparisons on price and coverage. Key points: most importantly, check to see what is NOT covered. Read this part very carefully. It’s probably more important than what is covered. Secondly, what labor rate will they pay for repairs. If your labor rate is higher than what the warranty covers, you are on the hook for the rest. That can really add up. Also your deductible. Many plans will only cover “one event” so if you try to get multiple things covered at once, you may have to cover multiple deductibles. They are in the business to deny as many claims as they can, so there can be some debates trying to get things covered. In the end, once my coverage ends at the end of this year, I WILL NOT buy another plan. I will self insure. Having known then what I know now, I would have self insured from the beginning. Hope this helps.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote