View Single Post
Old 03-21-2024, 09:11 AM   #15
Mark7
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
Be aware that using a gooseneck hitch voids your frame warranty unless it is a Reese Goose Box.
I talked to Gen Y about this before ordering. They asked about my Monte before they would sell me one. The hitch I bought is made for the Lippert pin box I have and in no way exerts any more leverage on the pin box than my king pin did… as a matter of fact because of the softened ride (torsion system) it is better for everything.

Since warranty doesn’t apply to me (20 year old rig) it’s a moot point in my case, but they told me that in no way does their hitch affect any warranty.

Reese made a deal with Lippert to accept the goose box as “ok” because Reese sent them drawings and paid $$$ for the privilege. To date Gen Y has not done so.

The reason I went with the gooseneck option is because I have the puck system in my Ram and a really wanted my box back. The reason for Gen Y vs Reese is because I got the Gen Y factory direct as a returned item for 50% the price of new. ($800). It looks like new. One of those “right place at the right time” deals.

I also own a 30’ flatbed gooseneck trailer so dealing with gooseneck hitches is not a big deal for me.
Mark7 is offline   Reply With Quote