View Single Post
Old 04-04-2024, 05:35 PM   #4
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldbak View Post
Very well done sir. How did you get the panel off and back on? Isn't it stapled from the back?
I Used a razer sharp utility knife.
Remove the circuit breaker panel (CBP).
From the front, angle the knife behind the vertical board and cut from top to bottom so the cut is hidden. You have to score it several times. Once the blade is through, go behind the CBP and finish the cuts at the top and bottom. Put a block of wood against the front of the panel and tap with a hammer to drive out the panel and staples. Once the panel is out remove the staples. Use a brown sharpie to color the splintered wood.
To reinstall the panel, I used 2"x6" piece of particle board and screwed it to the inside of the panel. There is a ledge the bottom edge of the access panel will sit on. I also put a piece of particle board on the top right corner. Again there is a ledge the thickness of the access panel that allows it to slide into place. Then I put a couple of screws on the front of the access panel as handles.
Hold the panel in your right hand. Put it in the cavity diagonally. Put the bottom edge into the slot. Hold the screws and slide the panel to the right until it stops. The top corner board holds it in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20240404_162558.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	16780   Click image for larger version

Name:	20240404_162614.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	16781  
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote