View Single Post
Old 04-05-2024, 02:45 PM   #11
Gubs
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #27658
Ok all thanks for your comments. I do the pull test every time, I visual ck to make sure the kingpin is placed well and that the clam jaws are closed. I make sure the pin lock is placed in the handle each and every time. Don't know how this could have happened either. However it did! We drove over 30 miles up and down hills and various turns on HWY 93 coming out of the Boulder Beach exit at Lake Mead. The jaws were still closed when we stopped and the pin was still in the handle. So far BW has been very attentive, prompt and helpful. We will see what they come up with. They are sending a new head for my hitch and I have to send back the old head back for their investigation. The bed rails to the truck have been looked at by the repair shop and they think they are fine, which is surprising to them and me!! Tailgate shot and will be replaced, but other than that we were VERY LUCKY to say the least!! I will let everyone know how this ends! Again, thanks for looking and providing insight. Be safe out there!!!!!

Larry & Marilyn Gubbels
2019 F-350 Diesel 4X4, Short Bed, BW 18K slider,
closely followed by a 2020 Montana 3121RL
Gubs is offline   Reply With Quote