View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 04:03 PM   #3
High5er
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #33861
Thanks for the input. We had the same one in our last trailer, but had pretty frequent problems with it. We suspect it's because we didn't learn we needed to descale it until 18 months in and the water in our area is more mineral than it is liquid. I think by the time we figured it out, it was probably too scaled for vinegar or any other household chemical to cut through it. It's good to hear you've had a better experience.

My wife is leaning towards the Truma, but I'm hesitant because of the massive shower head they put in this thing and the ridiculous price tag. I'm sure our shower is pushing > 2 GPM, which would lead to problems in the winter with having colder water flow in as fast as the shower can push it out. I'm starting to lean towards the IW60 again (with plans to take better care of it) given you can set the temp to a max of 130 (Truma is 120-ish). I'm not sure if the extra 10 degrees is enough to maintain pressure when our hot will only be at 1.5 GPM. If you have a shower head that dumps buckets per minute and have used it in really cold temps, I would love to hear how it worked.

I just went through replacing our 3 glass shower doors with a retractible door and hated every minute of it. The last thing I want to do is replace that panel-mounted rain shower so that I can replace the water heater. I'm trying to reduce my projects around here
High5er is offline   Reply With Quote