View Single Post
Old 04-09-2024, 04:41 AM   #7
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
DRAW FIRE? Maybe not so much here on this forum - but over on the Keystone forum they just don’t like on-demand water heaters and a thread like this will get 15 replies…waste of money…terrible option…wouldn’t have one of those things…I replaced mine with standard water heater…trash…they waste SO MUCH WATER…etc.
Maybe that is true for those guys - it has not been my experience.

If you boondock - these are not a good choice but they can be managed to work. We never boondock.

If the campground does not have good water pressure they don’t work very good.

The degree of heat produced varies with the temperature of the incoming city water.

Don’t plan to wash dishes at the same time someone is taking a shower. Two outlets reduce the water pressure or water volume too much for the heater to work well. Things don’t work in an RV like the do at home.

We bought this Monte because DW wanted a tub. In the old days every RV shower had a little baby tub - and she would have been fine with that…but RV manufacturers have turned 100% to showers. Nobody offers tubs anymore. The IW60 came installed in our unit for the tub. I knew nothing about it good or bad. It has served us well…so that’s my story.

Edit: winterizing story…in Feb 2017 we were staying at The Vineyards campground in Grapevine TX while I worked on a project. We had a Keystone Laredo travel trailer at the time. A guy pulled in to the space next to us with a beautiful new Montana they just bought and brought it to the Vineyards for a shakedown outing. It had a IW60 water heater which I knew nothing about. The weather forecast was for temps in the teens for 2-3 days - so they locked it up and went to their house in Grapevine to ride out the storm. The next morning I noticed a huge ice stalagmite coming out of the IW60 water heater. He should have taken time to winterize before leaving. They came back to a mess when things thawed out. They hooked up and left - I suppose with lots of damage to their plumbing and water heater.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote