View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 01:05 PM   #15
Bourbon County
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30449
I'm glad you spoke to PrecisionTemp, I talked to one of their engineers for nearly an hour some time ago when I was considering a tankless. He was very informative and honest about the shortcomings of an RV tankless. This conversation was what ultimately convinced me not to install one; it's just not a good investment for our style of camping.

It's good that you now understand how critical the groundwater temperature is when considering a tankless. Just a quick look and I see that the average groundwater temp in WA is about 50 degrees. That means to take a 100 degree shower you need to raise the water temperature 50 degrees. The smallest residential models which have burners twice the size of an RV model can barely do 4 GPM with those temps.

As far as reconfiguring your shower; take a look at Grohe Smartshower valve. It's a temperature control as opposed to pressure balance and they make a surface mount remodel unit. I installed the built-in version when we remodeled our bathroom a couple years ago. You can get one that controls up to 3 different heads or sprays, each outlet has on/off control and flow control for that spray. The temperature is adjustable but there is a detent stop on the control that you can adjust for your preference, and allows some adjustment up and down from that setting; they recommend 100 degrees. The temp control is common to all sprays.
Bourbon County is offline   Reply With Quote