View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 06:26 AM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I had a 2017 Laredo travel trailer with cable slides. I used jacks snugged up under the big living room slide and it helped with the "camper shake". The living room slides on our Montana are thru-frame hydraulic...no need for further stabilization.

I have seen more threads on slide jacks over on the Keystone Owners Forum...most folks there advise against using them. If you "over-snug" them it could be bad for the slide frame. If you do not get them right under the edge of the slide (say - you locate them to push up on the floor) you can ruin the slide floor structure. If the camper is set up on grass or dirt - the camper may settle at a different rate than the slide supports - and the slide supports end up putting too much force on the slide. Some folks forgot to remove them before retracting the slide...and so forth. I was careful how I used them and we were happy with the added stability to the whole unit. I used an 18" long 2x4 under the slide wall to distribute the load (no point loads!) and snugged the screw jacks up to the 2x4.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote