View Single Post
Old 04-29-2024, 05:18 PM   #12
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernrays View Post
Thanks for the reply. I took care of the single staple as others suggested.

I appreciate your note on the Henry's Tropic Cool (or equivalent). That's going to be my next big project. At 77, I'm not sure how I'm going to get a 5 gallon bucket of Henry's on top of the 5th, but inviting a grandson (a Marine) to a fishing trip might just do the trick. Who knows, maybe I can pull a Tom Sawyer/Huckleberry Finn on a couple of willing victims. Again, thanks for getting back to me on what you did.
After reading this thread I`m going to put the Henry`s stuff on tomorrow as I feel it will seal everything up and help with the heat soak. Got it at Home Depot for $345.00 for 4.75 gallons. I did find you need to get it mixed at the store the stuff is thick and your arm will give out if you try by hand and padel. So after cleaning the roof with a stiff bristle brush and soap it`s ready in the morning after it dries out. This stuff is much heavier than a 5-gallon bucket of water and would be nearly impossible to carry it up a ladder sooo...... My suggestion and what I`m going to do is transfer about 2 gallons at a time on the ground into another container with a handle and take it up the ladder that way. Home Depot has buckets with handles in the paint section. We`ll see......
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote