View Single Post
Old 05-13-2024, 05:53 PM   #49
Snak

M.O.C. #33717
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftOverParts View Post
Snak,

Did the service assembly flex as you mentioned from the review you saw and allow the tube to recrown
The assembly does feel a little less beefy than I'd like, but so far it is not bending up nor has the tube re-crowned. I've only run the slide in and out about 6 times, though. Watching the tube and gear very closely as it moves in and out, there is no discernable gap between the wear tabs and the inner tube except when the slide is 3 inches from fully closed and the top of the slide tips inward, then it unloads off of the gear and skips...yet it still appears as if there is no gap between the wear tabs and the inner tube when it skips! I simply cannot figure out what is loose or binding.

At this point I'm afraid to use the slide anymore because I feel like a broken tooth on the inner tube rack part is imminent, I do not yet have any broken teeth, but 1 or 2 certainly look a little worn from the skipping. Unfortunately, the rack gear part is welded onto the tube and I don't believe there is any easy replacement for that part without removing the entire slide with a forklift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftOverParts View Post
Did you try the slide pads as RipNC and Hooterville mentioned in posts 23 and 39?
I was hoping to get it working without the need to place and remove extra parts each time...it should work as intended without any modification! However, that is the only option I have left at this point it seems.

I will never buy a rig with a lippert flush floor slide again.
Snak is offline   Reply With Quote