Thread: Choosing a GPS
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 04:45 PM   #42
jsrang
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1726
Steve,
Yes, Deluo is the name of the GPS distributor. They package it along with 2006 Streets & Trips. I "googled" MS Streets & Trips and the "deluoelectronics.com" website was one of the options available. I just checked the site and they have a special discount rate of $80 (Vs $89) for the combination (plus shipping & tax), since the GPS puck is on backorder (to ship in 3 days). When I checked Target and other Discounts, the best rate was $120 here in FL.

Thanks for the helpful hints. They will come in handy. I find the best way is to get into the software and work it, but there are always tricks and tips that others have discovered that really helps. We will be heading to Michigan from Florida on Monday, so that will be our first big test. Did some other short run tests, here in Florida to get somewhat accustomed to the software.

I did notice that some maps are really outdated, such as Jacksonville Fl, where 95 does not show completed through the downtown section, which I believe has been done for several years. (Although I planned to take the bypass around anyway). Have you found this to be much of a problem and does MS S&T offer download updates? Thanks again for the input.
jsrang is offline   Reply With Quote