View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 06:31 AM   #23
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Lots of very useful info here so far. Some clear answers--and some points where I could benefit from further clarification.

50 amp OEM cord--sounds like it clearly makes sense to take it along with me while full-timing, but I haven't heard anyone say they found any need for any 50 amp extension cord. So just stick with the standard OEM cord.

30 amp power cords--I definitely will get one 25' 30 amp cord. Think I can get away with holding off on getting a second 30 amp cord for now. If I find myself in one of those CGs with the power pole up front, I can always tie the 30 amp and the 50 amp OEM cords together with an adapter.

Adapters--definitely need at least one to connect the 30 amp cord to the Montana if I'm using 30 amp power, which means a 30 amp male to 50 amp female, correct? Does the 50 amp female need to be one of the marine type that has the locking collar, or can it have just any ordinary type female connection? I also see the sense of the 15 male to 30 female so I can hookup to 15 amp power if needed. Patodonn suggests the 50 male to 30 female--but not sure if I understand just when and how I would be using that one. Can someone clarify?
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote