Thread: Mattress
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 03:36 PM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
One night in the Monty was enough for us to decide a change had to be made. A three inch memory foam topper was all that it took to make the bed very comfortable. Dianna says that it is as comfortable as the Tempurpedic mattress that we had in our stick house. With her osteoporosis, she is much more sensitive to mattress issues than I. Had that not done the trick, we would have opted for a Tempurpedic.

From past posts, I know that you are tall, 6' or more. I have a problem with the standard length RV mattress. My solution is to provide a little extension. I don't want to give up the aisle space. I have fabricated a 6" foam block to fit between the headboard and the mattress, sized to the mattress thickness and covered. I have also put plywood, the width of the mattress and about 2' wide, under the mattress to slide about 6" out for supporting the foot of the mattress.

Before doing this I had already found a cheap linoleum remnant to cover the plywood surface under the mattress. No snags or splinters and the mattress moves easily for bed making and adjustments. There is always a "better mouse trap", but this works for us.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote