View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 08:37 PM   #9
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Ok number one I’m not trying to get anyone mad…yes we should turn off the propane when refueling, and yes everyone has their own opinions about weather to travel with the propane on, or off and yes we all do things differently. The idea is not have a spark source when we are refueling great. Now how many people have we seen fueling their vehicle and chatting on their cell phones? How many times have you seen people getting in, and out of their vehicle while fueling? If we are to believe what we see on the news about vehicle fires at gas stations because these people build up static electricity getting in and out of the vehicle and then touching something and setting off the static electricity, thus starting a fire weather by cell phones or static electricity?
Ok the big question is how many people do you know that when they shut off their propane actually bleed off the extra propane that is in the line? Yes there would still be enough propane still in the lines unless we have a propane line leak that could in a collision break into flames in spite of the automatic valves shutting off the propane.
I for one have forgot and left the hot water tank running because someone interrupted me when I was breaking camp, and found it later before anything happened, so what I’m trying to say it happens to all of us and all we can do is hope someone is looking over us as we go through life and protect us from our self.

Ok I'm Off the soap box, so lets enjoy the camping season.

The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote