View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 07:55 PM   #8
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Hi Karen,

As far as the factory doing any custom work, I could not even get the generator switch relocated to the hallway instead of the closet. Not sure they are a "custom" manufacturer.

However, if they were willing, it would be a benefit to have two additional RG6 coax cables run from the entertainment cabinet to the electrical panel area above the W/D closet. That would save the majority of the install, and would leave you with only having to penetrate the roof. Getting from the roof to the belly was not that big of a project; it was getting up inside the entertainment slide.

It would be very difficult for the factory to keep up with the audio visual technology available out there and try to accommodate everyone. The majority of the folks use a tripod type dish, and would be upset if the satellite prep was on the roof! I think Keystone does pretty well trying to accomodate the majority. They did add a TV jack in the basement, driven I believe by the competition placing slide out TVs in there for under the awning.

Brad
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote