View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 12:39 PM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
David,

I am not an electrician, I cannot answer your tech questions, but, here are some thoughts

1.) Are you in a hot climate right now, HOW hot and HOW humid?? I am gonna guess high for both answers,

2.) Are there any electric system brown outs going on where you are?? Is the entire system (outside your campground and IN your campground) over loaded or heavily loaded.

3.) Al would turn off the electric water heater when it is HOT and we want to run the A/C unit.

4.) Knowing what little I do, and how Al monitors electric and is always lecturing me (), I would say that two A/C units, in a hot climate, especially in the summer, when campgrounds are probably rather full of vacationing families, that even with 50 AMP service, he would turn off the electric hot water heater and we would not run the toaster, or hairdryer, or microwave or anything more than the 2 A/C units at any one time.

5.) Could be the breaker on the pole has been popped so many times it is weak??

My disclaimer, I am not the electrician, I can never remember the numbers game, I only live with a retired electrician, and have adopted his methods and we have rarely popped any circuit breakers or poles or any of that stuff.

In other words, I don't know nuttin!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote