View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 07:20 AM   #17
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
Judy, There is a break in, It is not so much for the engine as it is for the rear gear,,,,It is very important to get that broken in properly..I can also tell you if you plan on synthetic oil, Cummins recommends two oil changes before you switch to the synthetic, So that give's you a little insight on the qualities. You have to break those rings in and switching to soon will prolong the breaking period of the rings. on the engine. Salesman are really great at selling, but not to sharp on the workings of the engine and drive train. You have to visit with the mechanic's in the shop to get the real dope. I found that the 500 miles towing at 50 mph was the longest 500 miles I had ever driven.. I guess I should have broke it up into several small trips and it wouldn't have been to bad. I did it all in one day. and Man was I happy went the mileage let me kick her down. That Cummins was just a humming the rest of the way home. Treat it right to start with and you will have a happy life with that machine.

Later John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote