View Single Post
Old 10-08-2007, 02:26 PM   #9
lwcdg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4726
Orv please do talk with Starband. Hopefully they can help you understand what is available in the wireless market.

SW, I understand exactly what you've done. I had this done in my own house and business by a friend 5 years ago. My business sits a quarter mile away from my home. I have an exact point to point wireless connection that feeds highspeed internet to my business from my home. Before anyone jumps up let me finish. After we were positive it would continue to work we changed from the res. to com. package. Commercial package gave us static ip addresses and some other things that were ok. The price did go up from about 40 a month to 80 a month. Still reasonable. I've friends that pay 120 to 160 in my area. I've been very pleased with this setup for these years and still have other businesses in my area that can not reach the speed and thru put that we can. It pays to have a person in the field do your work. Enjoy the pursuit of knowledge.
Chuck
ps I only understand some of the things so if you have questions I'll try to answer but I can assure you it works. Using the wrong words here the the net effect is it seems as if the antennas are "boosting" the signal.
lwcdg is offline   Reply With Quote