View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 09:03 AM   #7
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Jim, we have the hijacker autoslide hitch and are very please with it's current performance and the factory service. We got ours Oct.2006 and paid $2200. Canadian installed (above bed rails) which we thought was a great price. Ours was some of the 1st design models out there and we had the problem of excessive jerking while accelerating doing a left hand turn. To our surprise Victoria industries had the hitch shipped all the way back to their factory, repaired and returned absolutely no charge. This hitch is heavy indeed but I have watched 2 strong young bucks handle it fine. When not towing for awhile I use a chain hoist in my shop to lift the unit out and place it on a dolly and roll it in to a corner. The hitch utilizes two adjustable capture rails that the Monty pin box slides between, no add ons to the hitch pin. I did find that these rails needed adjustment when we traded our 2003 Monty for the 2007 model. Like many others we now wouldn't be without an autoslider.

P.S. On the subject of the slide discs, I think you would have to be a commercial hauler before you would encounter much wear, other than that my hitch comes with a 5 year warranty!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote