View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 11:22 AM   #32
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Found one leak, dropped belly pan this AM Whew!!! odorous ain't the word for it. I hosed the entire front half of the belly clean and did a clorox job on the really nasty stuff. Got pics of the layout. Ran two box fans into the area to dry it all out and it was 78 today so it dried fast. There is aluminum bubble wrap insulation between the belly pan plastic and the tanks so it didn't absorb the nasty stuff. It all cleaned up nicely and I didn't see any real apparent leaks at the time, so I assumed that it was just the toilet pipe or the vent pipe.. WRONG!!! I was drying some of the hard to get to spaces with a towel on a broom stick and was wiping the very bottom of the black tank as I thought there was a puddle there. There was and it was coming from one of the flared ridges on the bottom of the black tank. There was some drips there and I wiped them off, again and again. Then the light went on, there is a leak. I went over and started the flush and came back and looked and now it was a small stream and not a drip. TADA!! The bubble wrap was keeping the leak to a minimum when the belly pan was slapped up against it but now with the pan dropped it was very drippy. I reinstalled the belly pan panels (getting wet and a bit stinky in the process) Now it isn't leaking as bad and we still have to wait till the 20th to get in for a repair. I have sent the pics to Keystone and CW as evidence that I need a new tank. As to whether they decide to order a new tank between now and then is anybodies guess. We go in on the 20th and they drop the pan and find what I did and then order a new tank or they can take my photos and decide to order one now and just replace it on the 20th. If they don't order it now then we will be stuck from the 20th till they decide to get the tank in stock.. IT'S MILLER TIME!!!
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote