View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 06:50 AM   #20
brenkco
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8154
I find this warranty thread interesting. When we were 1st looking @ the Montana at an RV show, the factory rep encouraged us to buy from a local dealer. His point was that it was important to have that relationship in place for service and warranty work.

That said, when we started seriously shopping, we started negotiations with our local dealer using some pricing we found on the net from dealers through out the county. The dealer made it clear that they service their own customers first. They made us an attractive offer but the service issue (and attitude) was one that struck me at the time.

Putting these two things together along with Dave's experience tells me that the selling dealer has some sort of ownership in providing the warranty service. It looks as if the RV industry (or at least Keystone) does not function like the auto industry when it comes to this type of service.

I understand that most service departments are dealing with certain backup time and Brad's point is well taken. It does lead me to question the strength of the dealer network and responsiveness to warranty issues. Perhaps this has a great deal to do with the vast number of suppliers of the components that make up the RV...no excuse...but perhaps part of the problem.

I wonder what Keystone does or doesn't do to monitor the performance of their dealers when it comes to these issues.
brenkco is offline   Reply With Quote