View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 12:59 PM   #19
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Our summer plans have not changed, as far as travel that is. However, we are driving slower, staying longer at spots and eating out less. As full timers, I think that is about all we can do, and still travel. We belong to a member org (1000 trails) and do not have to pay an overnight fee. We can stay three weeks at each park and go from park to park with no time out. Problem with that is that 1000 Trails are not everywhere. If we wanted to stay in CA, OR and WA, we could do that, possibly next summer if the excrement really hits the moving aparatus attached to the ceiling. However, we signed on to this fulltiming jig as a lifestyle for the next ___ years. Our goal is to see the country. We will do that....Of course, without a stick built house and only one vehicle and a portahome our overall expenses are not nearly that of those of you with a perm home and all the expenses related to that. I COULD NOT DO THIS IF I STILL HAD A HOME IN ALASKA, OR ANYWHERE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER...When it comes time to hang it up, I think we will buy a small plot of land, dig a well, dig a septic, run some AC, pour a slab, put a steel cover up, pull the Monty under it and call it home. That way, when we want to travel we could still do it, albeit a smaller scale. Of course, by the time we do this, land prices may be beyond our ability. Who knows, maybe we will just die on the road. I wonder if Good Sam will come tow us away if that happens(lol).....

If anyone has any other ideas, I would surely love to hear them. No Robbie, we will not become fulltime boondockers....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote