View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 02:45 PM   #18
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bill, when I talked with Montana about what else was changed to up the GVWR they told me only the axles. They said the RVIA method of calculating GVWR is what they are required to use to remain RVIA members. They said that formula is GVWR - total axle ratings plus estimated pinweight. The frames did not change. Just the axles. So, I'm comfortable we'll have the capacity, regardless of that sticker. However, we are NOT over the ratings of the 6000 lb axles. But we are very close. Since we're having this problem and do not intend to lighten our load, then the best solution is to gain capacity.

I said we are very close to the 6000. Our total axle weight is 11,760. What I don't know for sure is how much is on each axle so it is possible the rear one is over although based on our loading and configuration I don't think so. But I don't have the confidence in the axle ratings that I have on the truck ratings. I don't have a knowledgeable insider to ask questions of when it comes to these axles while I do for the Ford.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote