Thread: slide toppers
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 10:10 AM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
With all the past topics of slide topper owners I don't recall any of them that have done it themselves. I am aware there are enough "gotchas" when installing them that are not mentioned in the install guides. The experienced dudes I casually spoke to when I had some put on a prior rig will mention there are some concerns but wouldn't elaborate (since they are PAID and would prefer you had them do it).

Personally, I would not tackle that by myself unless I had helped someone else a couple of times. When I saw it done, there were two installers and a scaffolding to raise my eyebrows that it might be worth it. It is highly recommended for two because balancing the slide and holding the tools and handling the fasteners that high up were worth it for me to have it done.

That being said you might be a skyscraper builder that has a scaffolding factory so good luck to you. For me I agree with tim43 regarding self-install - that's not something you want to screw up since it includes drilling into your structure.

And "dsprik" agrees with having them, but I have a feeling he did not install them. Am I right? If not, I definitely want to hear how he did (enjoyed) it.

Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote