View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #4
2 Sinks
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6341

Hello Party Crashers...We have never been camping without our Collies,past or present...this dates back to the early 1980's starting with a tent and progressing up to 2 different travel trailers and now the Mountaineer 5ver.

We have had only one incident where a fellow camper told us our Collie was barking and that was Morgan our grand old Collie chum back in 1998.I think we had forgotten to turn the tv or radio on for him so when he heard voices outside he decided to join in the conversation.

Our normal procedure for leaving the Collies in the trailer is first to walk them to get all business done,rain or shine (pooper scouper in hand and plastic bag in pocket at all times) When we get back we towel them off to dry or get mosquitos if any out of their coats,they like rub ups and then its in we go.With the 2 Collies we have now I instigate a quick game of "Upstairs / Downstairs" to take away some energy... 3 passes is plenty.We leave the a/c and ceiling fan on plus turn the radio on real low.I give them a couple of treats and off we go.If its sunny out I pull the shades down.So far this has worked well for us,they appear to nap when we're gone.No complaints so far and from time to time if our camping neighbors are friendly I'll ask them if they heard any barking.

Weather conditions decide what we leave on either ac/fan wise.We don't care for the bark deterrent devices and would never use any.

Hope this helps.
2 Sinks is offline   Reply With Quote